Thursday, May 14, 2009

#26

I am now 26 weeks along with Baby #2-as of yesterday! As each week goes by, I feel myself relaxing just a little bit more. I want this baby to stay in the womb for as long as possible. Little Mister came out at about 35 weeks and had to be in the NICU for 2 weeks. Don't want to go through all that again. After my little episode of contractions and a hospitalization at 23 weeks, I think I will continue holding my breath. I know some of you may not believe this, as the discomforts of pregnancy begin taking over your thinking near the end, but I truly believe I will be doing some sort of a cheer if I make it to my due date! Crazy...I know. This week the baby weighs almost 2 pounds and has a crown to rump length of approximately 9 1/4 inches. I am assuming that means if we tried to measure the baby from the head to the feet, she would be much longer. My book also says that I should have gained between 16-22 pounds at this point (if I am eating a well balanced diet). Well, lets just say I guess it appears I have not been eating a "well balanced diet". Right about now I would like to have a one on one conversation with the author, but I guess the truth is, maybe I should be eating a little bit healthier. I do have to admit, I have not had any cravings for carrot sticks or green beans. We will just leave it at that!

Little Mister talks about the baby occasionally and always feels the need to expose my stomach-as if he has a better view that way! He gives her hugs and kisses and says "baby si.." I really don't think he quite understands everything that is about to take place.

We have had a quiet week at home. We miss daddy and can't wait to see him! "daddy...home" "daddy...coming" are phrases I have been hearing a lot over the last few days. Hope you all have a great rest of your week and a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

GaGa said...

Prod Mama your Mama is so very proud of you, Gaga is missimg all of you!